Super Bowl Ads--AmericasFarmers.com

I've been watching all the exciting posts about the Super Bowl...well, actually about the advertisements during the Super Bowl!  I actually will be rooting for a certain team this year, but I can't lie...my favorite part is the ads...closely followed by the food. Yes, we do go to a party of friends and everyone brings food.

But this year, I will be watching the ads especially closely--as we will be in one of them! Okay, not a national Super Bowl ad, but in 20 cities across the nation (including Denver, *ahem*) an ad featuring a farm family and a city family in a split screen will show during a local commercial break! We are the farm family! Check it out now...


This ad is all about families and the similarities between farm families and city families. You will see a mom doing "mom-things" like potty training her little one and teaching a kid to ride a bike. And the farm mom will be caring for a baby calf and handing the keys to the combine to her nearly grown son.  The tears you see me begin to cry at the end are very real! In fact, I'm tearing up a bit while writing this!  I'm a "Crier" and any of my kids will tell you that I cry at the most insignificant emotional event. So when they told me to just do what comes naturally, I tried to hold back the tears, but I just couldn't!!

So, even though not everyone will see this ad during the Super Bowl, I hope if you see it, you let me know! I'm very proud of what it says about farmers! We are real people out here doing what it takes to care for the land and animals to produce food and a way of life for our family.

Oh, and a little side story...so I got to have my own make-up gal and she spent quite a bit of time before my closeup making me look good! (It took quite awhile!)  But after a couple of takes, the director comes up and says, "She probably wouldn't be wearing that much makeup on the farm. Take some of it off!"  I said, "YES I WOULD!" but the make-up gal came at me with a wet wipe and took it off! So not only do I cry on national tv, but I do it with very little make-up on! Geez.

If you live near me, you will see it on the Topeka station or the Kansas City station. Denver will also show it, but I'm not certain of the other cities!  If you have seen it since Thanksgiving, you will see it on your station during the Super Bowl. If you haven't seen it on your local station, you may not have it in your area.  So help spread the word online and check out the other two ads by AmericasFarmers.com on YouTube and then go to the website AmericasFarmers.com and see the information about those ads and families!

By the way, I'll be making Beef & Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms for the food I take to the game! Check out the recipe here:  BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com. And, Go Broncos!

Update Feb. 9:  The day after the Super Bowl I headed to a convention for the National Cattleman's Beef Association and was on the road using my phone to access the blog. My app didn't show any comments had come in so I was astounded to see a huge list of them to approve when I got home on the desktop computer! I'm sorry I didn't mean to ignore you, beloved readers & commentors!  I will do a better job of checking the desktop computer as it is obvious that the mobile app needs improvement! Thank you all for such overwhelming support. I am humbled by the comments and appreciation. It was a wild experience--filming and having it air--but the message the ad conveyed made it worth all the hassles!     --Deb.

25 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thanks, Marie. Although I'm afraid it won't be showing in Oregon. :( Sorry.

      Delete
  2. Not sure if we'll get to see it here in Orlando, Debbie. But so excited to see you, Duane and the boys! You all are now my claim to fame. LOL Read your blogs all the time, they give me a little piece of home. Keep up the good work. KANSAS FARMERS ROCK! XO - Mary Wildman Zotti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure either, Mary! Let me know if you see it...you are so sweet to keep in touch via my blog! Thanks for the support!!

      Delete
  3. How cool is that! I'm in a little tiny town northwest of Wichita quite a ways so probably won't see it :( But I love that a Kansas family is featured!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm thinking you won't see it. Sorry. It will be on the Denver station, too...but I bet you get your TV from Wichita. But we are pretty proud of being asked to be on the ad. It was crazy fun filming it!!

      Delete
  4. Hi Debbie!
    Thanks for blogging about ranch life. I'm enjoying reading your blog. My husband and I currently live in MN and do not have a ranch, but it is our dream to begin ranching. We'd be starting from scratch but we are willing to relocate, learn and work hard. One idea we had was buying a ranch from someone who is ready to retire but had nobody to pass the ranch to. We're not sure where to start or who to talk to. I'd love to ask you some questions and get some tips from you. Please contact me at ryu_2078@yahoo.com. Thanks, Becca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you Becca! I think I should connect you with a couple of organizations I know. It is hard to purchase land and a homestead these days, but there are people who have no family to take over and they would like to see the farm stay together! I'll email you to see what help I can be.

      Delete
  5. I love it Debbie! What a beautiful 30 seconds --- we must have quite a bit in common because it brought tears to my eyes also. I am so glad that you shared the commercial as the Burkholder family will be driving home from a basketball tournament during the Super Bowl and I likely would have missed seeing it...

    Thank you for all that you do.
    Best,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure it will even be in Nebraska, Anne. But I'm sorry you will miss all the ads--you better DVR the game so you can fast forward to the ads!! :) Will you be in Nashville next week for NCBA convention? If so I hope to catch up with you there!

      Delete
    2. I'm not going to make convention this year --- it's the first time in many years, but I need to stay home with my family right now. I will be at summer conference in Denver if you head that way.

      Also, if you ever find yourself a little ways north in Nebraska please stop by and visit us. We'd love to have you!

      Anne

      Delete
  6. I believe I've already been seeing this ad during the nightly news. (I live near KC, but was raised as a farm girl in Western KS.) You look GREAT! Congrats. (hey, is that Amy Adams narrating?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jude, it has been running since Thanksgiving in those same cities. I don't know who the narrator is!! It is a great voice, though.

      Delete
  7. Since we get our TV out of Wichita, we may not get it, so thanks for posting it here. I enjoyed seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Kim. Wichita isn't a city they chose to run it in. I had people upset because they thought Wichita stations chose not to run it...but that is NOT TRUE. America's Farmers chose 20 cities to air it--the cities who they thought needed, and would be receptive to, the message. They also aired it in my local area just for our family and friends! That was Topeka.

      Delete
  8. I'm down here by Wichita - I hope we get to see it! So cool! Were your daughters sad to be left out of the commercial? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually my older kids were bummed to not be in the ad, but they made that choice!! They were aware of the dates of filming and had other commitments!! My oldest is out of college and working in Colorado, so she would have had to take days off work to travel home and I have two kids in college at Kstate, and they chose not to come and attend class instead! Hmmmm...I'm sure that was a good choice, but it might have been more fun to have been in the ad! We didn't know until we started filming that there was a chance it might be shown during the Super Bowl. So it was too late to get them home. I guess next time Mom says, "you might want to come home for this..." they will hustle home!!!!

      Delete
  9. I'm tearing up as I read it. :) SO SO SO SO COOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch! We have been very humbled by the attention and support from the ag crowd, friends and family and many many people we have contact with across the nation! The biggest honor is to have neighbors supportive....so your comment means a lot to me!

      Delete
  10. Jeff sent us the link so we could see the commercial here - must confess I cried too! I remember all too well the first time the boys excitedly climbed up on the 4WD tractor to head to the field for the first time, big grins on their faces and my stomach in knots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is the power of this ad...every mom has one of those moments--pride, concern and maybe a bit of nostalgia. I'm honored that you like it, Karen!!!

      Delete
  11. We didn't get to see it here in South Dakota! But that's so exciting! What a great ad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry that you didn't see it in SD, but you guys are already farm folk!! I know, I know, there are lots of people there who need that message, too...but the America's Farmers people chose to target the metro areas who really really really need the message about our farm families! Thanks for your support, though. It means a lot to me!!!

      Delete
  12. Wonderful! Thanks for all you do for agriculture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele, I really appreciate your support of my efforts...and thank you for all you do! We all do what we can and what we like. It is easy to promote people who are so inherently special! It is what makes them good caretakers of the land and animals.

      Delete

Let's talk!

Thank you for reading! If you like this post, I would appreciate any comments and shares. You can see a bit more about me and my family here, and connect with me on facebook and twitter! Please do! Connecting is the WHOLE POINT of blogging! I'd love to hear from you.